Saturday, November 21, 2009

The almond tree that blossomed

I said to the almond tree, "Friend, speak to me of God." And the almond tree blossomed. ~Nikos Kazantzakis

I always interpret myself as a man who loves to interpret things. I believe that things are told at their best, when they are told most tacitly, because then they leave a lot of room to think over them, to see them from our point of view, and then to accept the thought within them as if it was always of our own. And this belief again got deeper in me when I got the above quote on my Twitter homepage from Kailasha.


At such times, I could not, and if fact, don't want to, restrain myself from pondering over the words--from lingering over the thought. "I said to the almond tree, "Friend, speak me of God." And the almond tree blossomed. What shall I do? Where to go? Whom to tell? I asked the almond tree to speak me of God and it blossomed. I am speechless. I don't need my tongue anymore, nor do I need my ears. I just asked the almond tree to speak me of God. I had really not expected too much but a word or two. I just asked her for a word or two, and she blossomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your sincere interest in Ghalibana. Your feedbacks and comments are important. You can tweet me @ganeshdhamodkar for quick reply.